I’ve never written a blog or done anything like this so we’ll see how it goes. My main goal is to keep whoever is reading this informed about my opinions on the team who will someday be known as the greatest baseball organization in the world.
Five things I noticed about yesterday’s game:
– The young guns in the bullpen pitched pretty well with both Corpas and Ramirez putting up a scoreless inning on 12 pitches.
– Hawpe made contact and ended up with three singles and a couple RBI, but he couldn’t come through with one out, Helton on second, and a solid chance to tie the game or at least knock Helton in.
– The jury is still out on LaTroy Hawkins. I’m not super confident I have faith in him, but it’s also possible he did just make a bad pitch to Byrnes and he’ll rebound from this and start to pitch well. I’ll give him a couple more outings before I judge him either way.
– Taveras needs to be able to make contact with the ball and get on base, no more bunting on an 0-2 count.
– Holliday looked like he was just trying too hard, I have a feeling he’ll find his groove, and that it will be sooner rather than later.
I will be at the game tonight, and am looking forward to getting out to the ballpark for the first time this season. Here is something to chew on before first pitch tonight, which is at 6:35.
– Hurdle will be serving his one-game suspension for his role in the incident which ended up with Francis hitting Padres third baseman Kevin Kouzmanoff.
– Will Holliday and Atkins be able to get on the scorecard for something besides an error today?
– How will Francis look after signing that big-money extension?
– Can Helton continue his career BA of .519 against Livan Hernandez?
– Will Taveras be able to make contact with the ball?
Hopefully i’ll get some answers and the Rocks will knock a win out. Coming up in the next post, I will try and find some statistics to support giving O’Dowd a two-year contract extension before his supposed make or break season (in terms of getting his contract renewed). I know it will be tough but I’ll see what I can find.